Monday, April 26, 2010

Laundry Day

So how was it?
a woman asked another
it was incredible she responded
we kissed
we undressed
he whispered
he made so much noise
when we were in bed
and so the story went
on and on
every single detailed
laid
hanged on the line
no secrets left, behind
no mystery to wonder, about
I could picture in my head
this man's manhood
laid bared on the table
behind his back
and if we met, I would know
everything there is to know
except his name,
he was hanged like clothes
on a line
left to dry till crisped
on a hot summer day
under the rain
And the woman went on
no secrets left, behind
no mystery to wonder, about
She kissed and told
It was a rainy afternoon,
once again
we all knew, heard, and overheard
while sitting sipping coffee
at the corner coffee shop
everything there was to be known
A man was hanged dried
on a line
made fun of and joked about
it must have been
Laundry Day,
and I was so happy to know
that I am not
like her

No comments:

Post a Comment