Saturday, March 20, 2010

Carolina

Carolina
I think of you
your ebony skin, your big ivory smile
you brighten my days when we were young
made me cried with you crocodile
tears rollings down your beautiful cheekbones
I will never forget you
YOU remain in my mind since I was eleven
I remember your raspy voice, big brown eyes
and slender figure
you wanted to be a MODEL
I will never forget your
picture on the paper
it brought a smile to my
face
just to wipe it away with sorrow
tears, pain, fear, shock
you were dead found on some hole
dumped like a piece of trash
along with your family
This was the price you
had to pay for others mistakes
you left us in despair
but I will never forget
YOU
your raspy voice, your beautiful honey
brown eyes, your great ivory smile
your hugs
YOU
The memory of you, remains in my head
imprinted in my soul, forever in my life
I always think of you
even when you have been for so loooong

Carolina
so bright, so alive
at sixteen taken away, too soon
I cannot forget you
nor the impact you
made in my life
YOU
were buried alone
nobody to put roses on your
grave
nobody to sing Amazing Grace
nobody to pray for you
in that unfortunate day
when someone took
your life away
in the middle of the night
without scrupulous, without sense
you left us so young
at sixteen
your life was
laid ahead
BUT
cut at the knees
at the head
everywhere
a senseless betrayal
of unpaid debts
drug dealings
stolen goods
IT was a lesson
a silent message
to
those who stole
from North to South
East and West
a bloody lesson
Carolina
I miss you still
and you remain in my
mind after all this time
you still there
living deep in the
recesses of my life
in the crannies of my
soul
Carolina
this
a tribute to your life
because, you were never
given a chance
to live fully and make your
dreams
come
TRUE
Carolina
you LIVE in
my
SOUL


No comments:

Post a Comment