Monday, February 23, 2009

Sleepless

I sleep while walking
it seems absurd but it is real
I sit here typing these words
I type to find a relief to my awakeness
I toss, turn,pace, think, read and nothing
I walk on the balcony, enjoy the breeze night
it is dark outside and all the windows are dark but mine
it feels as if my head will explode but it doesn't
it is just a transient phase, I try to convince myself
seven days, and countless hours without sleep
Is it possible to be a zombie while being awake?
Is it real? I ask because it does not feel real
I feel lighter, my head feels lighter, my feet when I walk feel lighter
I walk amongst you without being there but there
I hear voices in the distance and I know they are talking to me
I hear a sound coming from there, here, over there without really hearing anything
I feel my body which is not really in me
the clouds fly and I feel floating amongst them
the wind carries me home, pushing me ever so softly
guiding me through the streets and avenues I walk on
I am sleepless
I cannot say why I am sleepless because I do not know
it already is tomorrow and I am still awake
lost in my own confusion, lost in the dark, lost in the light
I hear myself talking to people and I see them laughing
but I do not hear my own laugh even though I can hear myself talking
did I respond to any of their questions and what did they ask?
Did I say something funny? I might have but I'm not quite sure
I feel lost
I am sleepless
my eyes cry with tiredness
my head hurts, my body feels weak
Is sleepless a transient visitor in my life?
who knows, but does anyone know really?
sleepless without a reason perhaps?
Why? so many questions to ask and no answers I hear
I only hear silence in the abyss of the night
I have fallen into a chasm and I cannot get out
I am tired
my head hurts, my body feels weak
I think without thinking and live without really living
I walk the streets and avenues in the city, it all seems surreal
I am sleepless
my eyes cry with tiredness
my body is weak and my mind is weaker
I pray to the heavens above, I hope someone is listening
Is anyone actually listening if at all?
Sleepless I will remain till someone awakens me
I am sleepless without a reason or maybe not







No comments:

Post a Comment