Saturday, February 21, 2009

Here to stay

She came to my life a few weeks ago
even though I did not want her she stayed
she stayed for a long time and would not leave me
I felt trapped, sicken even.
Everyday was a new adventure
a pain here, there, and sometimes everywhere
she was cruel and even when I fought her
she fought back and won.
She came stronger than ever, I really underestimated her
she kept me awake for nights on end
so I walked asleep for one day, then another, and another
I was fighting her with all my might, nonetheless, she stayed.
One night while laying in the darkness, I begged her to leave me
but she was persistant and did not go
she stayed like an uninvited guest, as she was
living happily off of me, draining all my assets, even my strength
she was living as if nothing was going on, day after day
but one day, I felt determined to get her out of my life
she had come not only uninvited but to stay
I had done everything right, nurtured her the right foods
gave her water to satisfy her thirst
when she needed me I was there, mind, body, and soul,
I was at her mercy, and then, the coughs began
day and night, attacks that made me hurt so deep inside
they came like burst of fire crackers spitted on the ground
they made me winced, and she was there to witnessed it all
And she did, and stayed.
Then, I went to see the doctor and my solely companion came too,
this time, I had invited her for an outing on a sunny but cold day
I complaint to the doctor and she listened,
I did not think she was listening at all
she listened to my chest, asked me to breath in and out
so I did in and out again and again,
"one more time" the doctor said, "just to be sure"
inhaled, exhale, inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale
I was feeling dizzy now after huffing and puffing
I told the doctor: "I thought I was losing my mind"
"fear not" she said, yeah easy for her to say
She looked at me as if I were crazy, and she asked
"Is your voice always this low?",
"nope" I said, "I had it since she came to live with me"
"I see" she replied and continue to write on her note pad
What was she writing?
Was she writing every little detailed I was giving her?
Was she writing a lot just to make me feel better?
Or to appeared as she was really enthralled in my story?
she kept looking at me and I at her,
there it was, that uncomfortable silence
And just when I was about to ask her what was wrong she said:
"Yep it is bronchitis and she's here to stay".

No comments:

Post a Comment