Friday, August 13, 2010

On Friendship

I have been nothing but
truthful all this time
for you to question our
friendship
I feel violated by you
in all senses of the word
friendship
for I have never questioned
the time you never
give me nor I demand it
Friendship should be free
given all the time
when we want but never
demanded
You demand and are angry
and I live my life without
demands from you
nor anyone else
I have never questioned
our friendship
but today I do
I have never
in all this time felt
neglected even though I was
I never felt left in the dark
even though I was
I never felt selft-rightousness
but I do today
for our friendship has been long
but never I thought you would
demand it
I have been honest all this time
to the core of my being
right through the bone
and you still question our friendship
how dare you!?
I never hear from you
unless I call or write
but you demand?!
How could you?
And that makes all the difference
between you and I
for today our friendship has
changed
and you are the only one to
blame!

No comments:

Post a Comment